Welcome to Dental Examinations
Welcome to Digital X-rays
Also known as radiographs, they are an essential part of any dental care treatment plan offered by Byways Dental Practice.They are diagnostic, but they can also be preventative, by helping a dentist diagnose potential oral care issues in a patient’s mouth before it becomes a major problem.The X-rays we offer are divided into two main categories:
- Intraoral – an X-ray that is taken inside the mouth.
- Extraoral – an X-ray that is taken outside of the mouth.
Intraoral X-rays are the most common type of radiograph taken at Byways Dental Practice by our skilled staff.
They give a high level of detail of the tooth, bone and supporting tissues of the mouth. We will take x-rays to:
- Find cavities
- Look at the tooth roots
- Check the health of the bony area around the tooth
- Determine if periodontal disease is an oral care issue
- See the status of developing teeth
Otherwise, monitor good tooth health through prevention