Examinations or oral health assessments allow us to ensure that your mouth is being cared for.
During an examination we check not only your teeth, gums and the whole of your mouth but also, we check your jaw joint (TMJ) and surrounding external tissues and bones.
Screening is done to ensure we can identify early detection of decay, gum disease and oral cancer. We will then discuss our findings with you and also give you preventative advice to help protect against future problems.
We will discuss all your treatment needs with you.
Also known as radiographs, they are an essential part of any dental care treatment plan offered by Byways Dental Practice.
They are diagnostic, but they can also be preventative, by helping a dentist diagnose potential oral care issues in a patient’s mouth before it becomes a major problem.
The X-rays we offer are divided into two main categories:
- Intraoral – an X-ray that is taken inside the mouth.
- Extraoral – an X-ray that is taken outside of the mouth.
Intraoral X-rays are the most common type of radiograph taken at Byways Dental Practice by our skilled staff.
They give a high level of detail of the tooth, bone and supporting tissues of the mouth. We will take x-rays to:
- Find cavities
- Look at the tooth roots
- Check the health of the bony area around the tooth
- Determine if periodontal disease is an oral care issue
- See the status of developing teeth
- Otherwise, monitor good tooth health through prevention